Client Services is a support position that works in concert with Inventory/Fulfillment and Sales to act as a liaison with current clients to provide updates and information to our sales team and customers that have outstanding orders.
You will be responsible for communication to our customers during the special-order process and to develop it into a customer journey/customer experience. This includes primary communication with the client, sales team, and vendors during the order fulfillment process to improve/develop/strengthen the client relationship, offer customer support and enhance customer satisfaction. You will collaborate with various internal departments to ensure all customer requests are fulfilled and communicated back to the customer.
You will use a digital form of documentation to maintain an organized journey for each open order. You may enhance/create special order and inventory management systems and workable strategies for growth in collaboration with management/peers/multiple departments as we continue to move towards business growth with enhanced trade relationships and eventually e-commerce.
This position will manage and leverage leads generated through Podium and develop a customer who will visit the store and begin working with a designer who will convert from inquiry to a sale. Take it to the next level with the potential to bring new clients on board, strengthen our brand and the customer experience.
JOB TITLE: Client Services
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Sales Support
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
- Manage relationships between sales team, clients, and vendors to support the special-order process/client journey
- Manage special orders once they have been placed
- Provide regular updates to Sales Manager, Sales Team, Customers
- Ensure timely delivery to clients and manage delivery options
- Be a reliable point of contact for customers to our brand and a strong client relationship
- Work independently and in conjunction with others to administer the below processes
- Track Special Orders/Purchase Orders.
- Maintain Special Order files.
- Update/Provide retail sales team and management support with accurate and timely information along with estimated delivery assessments.
- Provide regular updates to clients on the progress of their orders.
- Develop open and effective channels of communication with each client that can be employed by other departments as well.
- Coordinate on internal projects to determine the best utilization of resources to increase customer satisfaction.
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring Podium inquiries to purchase.
- Provide Sales Analysis and Reporting to make for the best purchasing decisions and to effectively help manage our inventory based on special order tracking
- Reports are delivered accurately and timely as needed, including order status.
- Participate in supporting the Delivery Process to ensure expedient delivery of all Customer Purchased goods by working with the Retail Sales Team, Support Team and BFC’s Delivery Sub-Contractor.
- Participate as part of the support team.
- Assist in providing Customer Satisfaction and to ensure DRE impact on special orders, inventory and net profit is as minimal as possible. (Damages, Returns, Exchanges).
- Support Retail Sales which may include floor coverage, Sales, Customer Service, and Inventory related issues.
- Partake in the cleanliness and safety of all common areas to include directly outside of the building.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Review each special-order confirmations/acknowledgements and communicate to stakeholders.
- Note extraordinary details and communicate with designer/manager when necessary.
- Customer contact/acknowledge work is in process/ETA’s if available.
- Customer contact on delays/back orders. etc.
- Customer inquiries/follow ups (regarding orders).
- Satisfaction checks/thank you notes processed on delivered orders.
- Work with manager and sales if problem resolution needed.
- Achieve proficient level of POS systems, vendors, and product knowledge.
- Build relationship with vendors and reps.
- Assist sales team with generating sales orders when necessary.
- Maintain communication and provide stakeholders with accessible information regarding purchases and estimated delivery dates.
- Use Storis reports to ensure that products are ordered, acknowledged and due in a timely manner as to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Use Storis to take payments on add-on sales, balances or additional services when needed.
- Create returns, credits and exchanges when required if customer issues arise.
- Reporting - Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports for customer journey development and documentation.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Microsoft Office software, Excel, other computer skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Depth of understanding Customer Service standards and requirements.
- Stress management skills
- Ability to read, create, and interpret operating documents, labels, and reports
- Team building skills
- Willingness and flexibility to handle a variety of situations
- Smart decision-making skills
- Detail oriented and very effective organizational skills
- Time management skills – ability to meet deadlines and work within project timelines.
- Desire to be a part of a growing team and embrace our company culture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience in a related field
- 3+ years Retail or Customer Service experience
- 2+ year leadership experience preferred
- Experience with MRP/POS software preferred
- Experience with MS Office software
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Job involves walking, bending, stooping, and standing occasionally. Reading, typing, telephone use and sitting required most of the time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified and as such may change.
**Benefits package includes Health Insurance, Health Savings Account, PTO (paid accrued personal time off), paid Volunteer Day, Simple IRA, Generous Employee Discount, Commission or Bonus on Delivered Sales, etc… **